Saturday, October 24, 2009

The colors of fall



Today was very windy, leaves swirling all about, so I thought I'd better capture a few more images on camera before the trees are bare.

I found this group of trees surrounding a nearby fishing pond; they called to me as I was driving past.  I thought, "Oh, I've got to take some pics of those on my way back."

It was a bit overcast today, so the photos will reflect the lack of sunlight.  Still, I couldn't resist the colors.  In the next few days I'm hoping to get over to County Road where I saw some beautiful yellow leaves.  Just hope they haven't all blown away!

Oh, and if you click on one of the pics, you can see the larger, clearer version.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful. :-)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very nice. Down in the Deep South, the leaves have been slow to change. We're a week -- or maybe even two -- from the real glory. I'll be ready, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. Thanks for posting these pictures. I feel like fall now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous!!! Our leaves are all green still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! We don't see colors like that in the desert. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete