1. You can't write a perfect, meaningful, error-free novel in a month.
2. People bug you and interrupt you when you're trying to write each evening. You're not really busy, you see.
3. If you edit as you go along, you'll never reach 50,000 words in a month.
4. I like to edit as I go along.
5. I need to think before I write. Sometimes I spend a lot of time thinking. If I spend a lot of time thinking, I don't end up writing.
6. It's very easy to get distracted when you work at home. There are way too many distractions.
7. I don't put enough description and scene-setting in my novels. Maybe I should be writing screenplays instead of novels. I like dialogue.
8. My novel might not require 50,000 words. Maybe 34,000 was enough.
9. Perhaps November is not the right month for novel writing. We need a month with 31 days instead! One extra day!
10. Perhaps I should just stick to writing poetry. It's something I can finish!