1. The Silence of the Lambs: Just excellent in so many ways--the acting, the script, the direction, the characters.
2. While You Were Sleeping: My favorite romantic comedy. I love the budding relationship between Lucy and Jack. They squabble, they laugh, they fall on the ice together. Here is a couple which actually gets to know each other before they sleep together. Actually, the audience never does see them sleep together. But it is obvious they are good together.
3. Rocky: I'm not normally interested in sports or boxing, but there is also a love story in this film. Adrien is so interesting to me because she's shy and not your usual perfect beauty. I love the relationship between Adrien and Rocky. I also love the idea of an underdog trying to win.
4. Jaws: I've always loved this movie. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it in the theater. I could see it a hundred times and still be scared.
5. Fried Green Tomatoes: Wonderful characters in this film, people you can really care about.
6. Tombstone: A great western with great acting. And I'm a big Kurt Russell fan, too.
7. Forrest Gump: Charming, funny, interesting, and touching.
8. Alien: I love the first of this trilogy. Or are there 4? Very scary.
9. Gladiator: When this movie first came out, I did not think I would like it. Was I wrong? Wonderful acting, scenery, and battle scenes.
10. Meatballs: Yes, it's kinda goofy, I suppose but I love the idea of a young boy trying to fit in. A counselor takes him under his wing and helps him find some confidence.
11. The Karate Kid: I love the underdog working hard and winning. And a great relationship between teacher and student.
12. Pretty Woman: Funny and touching. No, I don't think it's very realistic. But a fantasy type of story, so I can live with that.
13. One flew over the cuckoo's nest: Very well done and thought-provoking.
14. The Sixth Sense: Love this film. I did not guess what was coming at the end.
15. The Green Mile: Good acting, thought-provoking film.
Okay time is up! Now I'll go back and explain my reasons.