Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Battling the Ah-choos...

I've been battling a cold the past few days and noticing how different everything smells and tastes. Well, foods don't actually taste like much. They are absent of flavor. And smells? Let's just say you could stick a skunk in front of my nose and I'd never even notice.

As for sitting down to write and trying to string together coherent sentences--that's not so easy either. My mind is muddled due to medication. I like the sound of that. Alliteration of the m's. Writers are supposed to write no matter what. Okay fine. But you get what you get.

I did manage to throw together 11 humorous greeting card ideas and email them off. How funny they are remains to be seen. Humor is such a subjective thing. I've noticed that even my sisters and I have different tastes in humor. Two of them love the TV show, The Big Bang Theory. I've tried getting into it, but it doesn't really do much for me. I have laughed out loud at 30 Rock but my sisters don't find that show funny. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

So now I need to go find some tissues before I sneeze all over my keyboard and screen.

Winter is such a fun season, isn't it?


4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!

    I consider myself lucky, in that I find most all types of humour funny. Means I'm easy to cheer up, too! :)


    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Okay, I'm making a funny face right now. Are you laughing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grinned at the thought. That count? ;-)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you! (That was preemptive for your next sneeze.) Hope you get better soon.

    That sort of fuzzy brain, oddly, seems to be when my creativity is best. Somehow, it's like there's an open line straight to my flowy, fluffy thoughts, and they leak all over the page. I wish I could have that more often.

    ReplyDelete